Developed by Ironward and Published by Nkidu Games Inc. Solstice Chronicles M.I.A. is a twin stick top down shooter that pits you against an invasion of Martian mutants. With 22 days left and being 75% funded in the Fig campaign, this game looks to be on track to be fully funded.
Set in the year 2280AE (After Earth), you will be placed behind enemy lines in the middle of a Martian invasion on Mars, and to the rest of your squad you’re missing in action. As a Corporation Marine it’s your job to fight back and escape along with the help your AI drone who has abilities that can aid you against the tough Martian creatures. While on your journey you can customize your skill tree to better suit your way of playing as well as upgrade your weapons. You will also have to think strategy as you can have your AI drone fight or fly away to manipulate the threat level mechanic and help balance the battle or tip it in your favor. The threat level mechanics are a big part of the game as they can help you change the games difficulty in regards to affecting the amount of damage done to a wave or enemies, but with the consequence of having a bigger wave of Mutants appear right behind them.
Some of the features highlighted are
- Master fluid twin-stick combat to blast through waves of mutants on Mars.
- Use your drone’s abilities tactically, weighing the risk and reward of decisions that drastically change the threat you face.
- Decide between scavenging for supplies and upgrades in the face of the oncoming menace, or pushing forward, potentially unprepared for the enemies still to come.
- Decimate the mutant onslaught with upgradeable weaponry, including shotguns, rocket launchers, and more, as well as special Heavy weapons, like the autocannon and flamethrower, which will obliterate everything in their path.
- Develop your own skill tree from across four classes–Assault, Demolition, Hellfire, and Terminator–to become the ultimate instrument of destruction.
- Local co-op multiplayer.