Don’t let this Comic Con business take up all of your time, unless it’s Deadpool, there are plenty of great games that weren’t shown during the keynotes but are coming out this year. One of the games that has been recently brought to my attention is Lost Sea.
I’d love to tell you what it is in my own words, but I don’t want to take anything away from it so allow me to let them explain it
Lost Sea is a 3D strategy action game that takes place inside a procedurally generated archipelago. It’s up to the player to form a ragtag crew of survivors and explore the surrounding islands as they hunt for the necessary resources to upgrade their ship and escape the Bermuda Triangle.
The game is set inside a cartoon B-movie universe, where an otherwise normal individual is transformed into an intrepid hero after a routine flight over the Atlantic Ocean ends in disaster. The world of Lost Sea is a dangerous and unforgiving place as every island is filled with strange landmarks, a wide variety of deadly and exotic creatures and powerful relics that can be used to the players advantage. Often wits, as well as combat skills, are needed to survive.
There are always people who want to compare games to games that are already out, so it’s easier for them to make a purchase decision. In this case, I would say it would be a mixture of Diable 3 and Age of Empires: Online. If you don’t believe me take a look at the trailer
The game looks to be have equal parts puzzle, adventure and humor. There are even hints of it making fun of itself, which is always a big thing for me. During the game you’ll be doing the following
- Explore a procedurally generated archipelago with millions of unique island combinations.
- Discover a wide range of dangerous critters with their own behavior patterns.
- Learn powerful new player abilities and special moves as you progress.
- Rescue and recruit new crew members each with their own stats and individual traits.
- Manage your party by selecting crew members for the best mix of traits.
- Protect your crew, if they die they are lost forever.
- Scavenge washed up wrecks for the resources you need to upgrade your ship.
- Uncover and activate ancient support totems hidden throughout the islands.