Please allow me to fanboy out a little bit and express myself like a fan of one of the boy bands. I am so excited for Star Wars: Battlefront it’s scary and possibly creepy. I have watched the trailer numerous times and all I want to do is play as Boba Fett. Give me a jet pack, a blaster and an open world and allow me to create chaos as I blast anything that I deem necessary. Are they good or are they bad? I don’t care, I’m a bounty hunter and all I understand are credits and all I enjoy doing is completing my mission.
With all that being said, the reveal is everything Star Wars fans have been waiting for. You get a a shot of the speeder bikes on Endor, an AT-ST and an AT-AT walking around and destroying trees while Storm Troopers are scouting out their pathways. The beginning of the trailer ends with Darth Vader coming down to no doubt demolish whatever the Storm Troopers couldn’t finish. The rest of the trailer shows Snow Speeders on Hoth, X-Wings chasing Tie Fighters in a canyon and as I mentioned a shot of the great Boba Fett before you see some Tie Fighters and the Millennium Falcon. So far you can only pre-order on Playstation 4, but hopefully the link for the Xbox One will also go live.
As with many popular games, there are different versions of the game available. Star Wars: Battlefront offers the regular version as well as the deluxe version.
Both version offer the following
- Battle on planets like Hoth, Endor, Tatooine, and a previously unexplored planet, Sullust.
- Pilot nimble speeder bikes, massive AT-ATs, the Millennium Falcon, X-wings, TIE fighters, and more.
- Play as memorable characters including Darth Vader, Boba Fett and more. Also encounter beloved C-3PO and R2-D2.
- Made for Jedi and Padawans Alike – battle alongside your friends online or in offline split-screen Co-op mode.
- Seamlessly swap between 1st person and 3rd person views.
If you pay the extra $10 and get the deluxe edition you’ll receive the following and early access
- DL44 blaster – as made famous by Han Solo
- Ion Grenade
- Ion Torpedo
- Ion Shock (exclusive emote)
- Victory (exclusive emote)
The game is out on November 17th and I can’t wait.